Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Why Me?



So it comes to this...   Why me? Why did I become a cancer victim, but more importantly, why have I been allowed to survive cancer?  Of course, there isn't anyone who is going to be able to answer that one, but that doesn't stop me from thinking about it.  

I'm not sure of a lot, but this much I am sure of. God does not use disease to punish people, nor to reward people. I guess that leaves the answer to the "Why me?" question as a simple unlucky spin on this wheel of fortune we call life. That spin was followed then by a lucky spin, some great doctors, advanced medical equipment, testing, and treatment.  

Actually the question of "why me" isn't even important.  The more important question and one with which I have absolute control of the answer is this.  What am I going to do with the rest of my life?  What will I do with my gratitude? 

I hope that the answer is that I'll practice kindness, that I will be a responsible steward of my part of the planet, that I will practice generosity and respect for others.  When my last day on earth has come and gone I don't want my grandchildren and great-grandchildren to wonder what I believed and what I valued in life. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing.